BW~ Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War Related

+3
Black-Dragon
Áêrø
Cross
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

War Related Empty War Related

Post  Cross Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:51 pm

It seems that we're going to be in the position of being outnumbered as long as Pwn and BA target us. So maybe we should try to think of some ideas on good war tactics when fighting large numbers. For example fighting in a U shape around a group of enemies. That way everyone on the inside is being hit, while the BW on the outside take damage from only 1 or 2 of the enemies at a time.
Cross
Cross
Hanging around
Hanging around

Back to top Go down

War Related Empty Re: War Related

Post  Áêrø Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:33 pm

Cross wrote:It seems that we're going to be in the position of being outnumbered as long as Pwn and BA target us. So maybe we should try to think of some ideas on good war tactics when fighting large numbers. For example fighting in a U shape around a group of enemies. That way everyone on the inside is being hit, while the BW on the outside take damage from only 1 or 2 of the enemies at a time.

Cross, Thats a good idea, But i also have one,

If we get raided, we should hide. then we attack them when they dont see it coming.
Áêrø
Áêrø
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Cross Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:21 am

I think the main part of winning a war is the first major battle, if you can break through their first attack and send at least 3 of them to the respawn, then they'll never be fighting at full strength. It's all about keeping numbers up and keeping them from making large groups in my opinion.

Another thing to consider is where you fight. In my opinion, the bridge is the easiest place to regain control at. It's more narrow and if you can get the upperhand on the bridge then they'll run into our group and die faster because they'll have nowhere to go. Also when people respawn, they're most likely to stop at the bridge to think about where they want to help out at, or at least the bridge is where they think about it. If we're fighting on top of the bridge though they won't have as much time to think and will die quicker. This is all just my opinion of course, think it over if you will.
Cross
Cross
Hanging around
Hanging around

Back to top Go down

Post  Black-Dragon Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:44 am

Great thinking Cross, looks like we have a tactician with us Smile

We could sure use some of the tricks, since BW is really going downwards with raids and stuff...

If you got more ways relating to this, please tell.

Grtz. -B
Black-Dragon
Black-Dragon
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Áêrø Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:38 am

Black-Dragon wrote:Great thinking Cross, looks like we have a tactician with us Smile

We could sure use some of the tricks, since BW is really going downwards with raids and stuff...

If you got more ways relating to this, please tell.

Grtz. -B

Also, i havent been really training much, so im a little Dry on fighting and raiding, But for some reasons, i win in 3 v 1's
Áêrø
Áêrø
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Cross Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:38 am

Another thing I noticed was when people die and come back, they usually head for the fight nearest to the bridge. In our last war there were fights scattered across the courtyards and one big one at the base of the bridge. Once we lost that fight, all of the Pwn that were trying to win that fight were free to go where they wanted which dropped our numbers a lot. We should try to regroup at the castle guard more often when our fighting strength decreases by that much. Otherwise we would just be running into large groups and never fighting at full strength again.
Cross
Cross
Hanging around
Hanging around

Back to top Go down

Post  Arta-Vur Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:54 pm

and the thing that make us die is not be in groupe, we should stick in a tight groups, VERY tight, and not stray from the formation point.
Arta-Vur
Arta-Vur
Wannabe
Wannabe

http://www.swd-coyote.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cross Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:13 pm

That's a good idea too Arta. An easy way to fix that would be to appoint 2 people in the war that know what they're doing to be rallying points. As people join the war, tell them to fight next to one of the 2 people. That way we will always have 2 big groups instead of many small fights. It will take extra time to prepare the raid this way, but it might be worth it in the end. As long as the 2 people know where they should be fighting.
Cross
Cross
Hanging around
Hanging around

Back to top Go down

Post  DrDoomsday Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:49 am

Seems I've dropped in on a topic I enjoy very much. Tactics.

There is a variety of tactics I've tried and tested in combat. But there are very many things that should be looked at. Numbers of friends and foes are very crucial for good judgement.

First of all is a basic fact. You stray from the main (defensive) group, you get picked off. Now, Arta, the problem with very tight groups is that the enemy can get multiple hits on several people easily. So, the best is to have an evenly spread group. One things that is tried and true is to actually circle one member, and fight in close quarters. The enemy thus:

1.) Dies.

2.) Runs.

Both are good, so long as we live what they (hopefully) feebly inflict.

The method of what I actually called the "Bomb." works too. When the enemy gathers, you run - in a group - to their middle. You then 'explode' in their midst, which rapidly disperses of enemy units. This is how I achieved my first vistory, which was when I was a Sergeant, which can be found on the old news page on WBLEAMAS. Pray continue this conversation, as the matter intrigues me.
DrDoomsday
DrDoomsday
Here to stay
Here to stay

Back to top Go down

Post  Black-Dragon Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:01 am

I second your opinion from the Bomb, it sounds really sweet, and could definantly be used well!

Grtz. -B
Black-Dragon
Black-Dragon
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Áêrø Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:46 am

Lmao...Explode as in, Kill alot of people, or literally EXPLODE
Áêrø
Áêrø
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  DrDoomsday Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:26 pm

The important thing is it works. Sadly, I no longer have those members that I lead into that battle. Thus I need to train more of these battle tactics to BW's... maybe even as part of drills? Ehh.
DrDoomsday
DrDoomsday
Here to stay
Here to stay

Back to top Go down

Post  Cross Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:45 pm

I'd gladly help in any way I could, It would be difficult to set this up though without thoroughly training members in war and in the tactics we want to use. Any basic tactics we want to use should be drilled as much as how to survive in a war ("backing up"). I believe a good thing to teach would definitely be to encircle the enemy or at least in a U shape. Even if we are outnumbered, as long as we surround the largest group of enemies, they will as you said, disperse or die.

Another point I'd like to bring up is that backing up isn't that hard to defeat. If you stand inside of the person or close enough to make it look like you're hitting them they will back up. But really they will be backing up into the damage so you will still be hurting them even though they think they're safe. It's all about realizing what kind of lag you have and how long you have to be standing still to actually do damage. If you are turning and swinging it may look like you're hitting someone, but because of the lag between the computers you're actually not doing any damage.
Cross
Cross
Hanging around
Hanging around

Back to top Go down

Post  Áêrø Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:58 pm

DrDoomsday wrote:The important thing is it works. Sadly, I no longer have those members that I lead into that battle. Thus I need to train more of these battle tactics to BW's... maybe even as part of drills? Ehh.

Doom, im The only Pro-Raider thats left in Sherwood or BW, Unless you count fudd. then theres only 2 left.
Áêrø
Áêrø
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

War Related Empty DrDoomsday

Post  DrDoomsday Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:30 pm

I consider every one of the people in this convo. pro Raiders, Aero. Not just you and Fudd. And I really don't care if you are or aren't. We need to start MAKING pros, not relying on old ones.
DrDoomsday
DrDoomsday
Here to stay
Here to stay

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:38 pm

DrDoomsday wrote:I consider every one of the people in this convo. pro Raiders, Aero. Not just you and Fudd. And I really don't care if you are or aren't. We need to start MAKING pros, not relying on old ones.

Oh well, I'm pretty good in raids too. o:

I almost only die 1 or 2 times. But mostly I stay alive.
Matt
Matt
Teh Adminz0r!
Teh Adminz0r!

https://bw-sherwood2.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Fudd Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:35 pm

Aero, in my opinion you arent really the great fighter who doesnt die.... I've seen you die many times, and you make fun of it:P

But it doesnt matter.... let me tell you some things...

1. Never GROUP UP in a tight group. As said before, enemys can surround you, and hit multiple members at once. DONT do this!

2. Instead of backing up, make circles! this works way better, you still get charge, and you still avoid their hits! Plus... they wont call you a runner. This can keep a group of 6 people busy.

3. Use your charge/crit effectively. This makes me a '1-hitter' in wars. Actually its just a fast combination of attacks, but it happens so fast, so quick... that the enemy cant react, and dies, within a few seconds. I always do this to people who say 'I havent died yet'. Even Bigsteel, who is one of the best 'pro-raiders' can die because of this.

the combo i suggest:
-normal hit
-power move
-tally

4. Do never 1 vs 1 in a war/raid. If you want to waste your time on some noob who only blocks, and then runs... then do it. But we dont accept this. Always be part of the raid! In the middle, or outside. Always be sure your close to the main raid. Be sure you always try to attack as many enemies at once as possible.

5. Work together! This should be a rule. Always work together with some of the other BW-members. This is way more effective then being on your own. You can team your enemy, so they will do much faster. Or you can protect your fellow BW-member by standing before him, so he can escape. Just do this! It will make your survivebility much bigger!

6. Use your tally! these things are 'killers'

~FAQ~

I die really fast, how can I kill people, without gettin killed?
Most of the people die really fast when they are in 1 big group. They get hit from every direction, and they die quick. There are some simple things you can do. Run out of it. This is very simple, and no one will notice. Now your outside of the group, now you can hit them from the back! You can kill them, im sure they will die fast and you wont get any damage at all. Really usefull!

People always run when they get teamed by 2 or more person, how can I stop this?
Well, you cant really stop them. There is one way, but it only works when its 2 vs 1.

For example:

Valdyr is hitting Apollo. Apollo will hit back... etc etc.
Now you need to kill apollo. But when you hit from the back, or from any direction.. He will run. Because he is gettin teamed.
Now here comes the good part. Just go stand between valdyr and apollo, and FACE VALDYR and BLOCK! Apollo will still get hit by valdyr, and apollo will hit back, and you build up a charge.

After like 10 seconds... you just turn your face to Apollos' and you kill him with the 'hit-combo' i've told before.
Fudd
Fudd
Hanging around
Hanging around

http://www.freewebs.com/almightyfudd

Back to top Go down

Post  Black-Dragon Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:40 pm

Sweet Fudd!! Very Happy It rly owns lol.

Driller, you're completely right!

Grtz. -B
Black-Dragon
Black-Dragon
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  DrDoomsday Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:50 pm

And do I have support from you, Fudd, to to teach these things? If so I'd like for you to post that you support this change in the way we fight.
DrDoomsday
DrDoomsday
Here to stay
Here to stay

Back to top Go down

Post  Cross Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:54 pm

That should be BW's bible of raiding Lol. If we can get everyone to fight like that we could maybe attempt to form group tactics as well. Only thing I have to add is try to keep an eye on the biggest fight. If there is one large fight involving 5+members from the other side, you should move to try and win that particular battle or at least keep all those members occupied. If there is one large fight and many small ones and the large one is lost. All the members from the other side that were in that large battle will be free to join in on all the smaller ones which could easily change the momentum of the fight against us.
Cross
Cross
Hanging around
Hanging around

Back to top Go down

Post  DrDoomsday Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:17 pm

Why not just make the Department of War and Tactics while we are at it? Kinda like a council. Except the council of War-Fighters. I dunno. Just a thought.
DrDoomsday
DrDoomsday
Here to stay
Here to stay

Back to top Go down

Post  Cross Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:35 pm

That sounds like a good idea. Maybe they could be considered Marshall's or something.
Perhaps they could have the ability to teach war tactics and lead raids once they are decided.

What I mean is they can't decide to go to war or go raid someone, but once a raid is decided, they are able to lead/be the tacticians.
Cross
Cross
Hanging around
Hanging around

Back to top Go down

Post  Fudd Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:53 am

ofcourse ill support. But the things I posted arent really tacticts.

Added something to the page.
Fudd
Fudd
Hanging around
Hanging around

http://www.freewebs.com/almightyfudd

Back to top Go down

Post  Black-Dragon Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:27 pm

Will it be something like the council? A group you can only get invited for and with(For Example), a Head Marshall?

Cuz making such a group for the Thinkers in war, it's maybe even better than what the council is doing.

Grtz. -B
Black-Dragon
Black-Dragon
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Cross Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:43 pm

Yes I was thinking there should be a Head Marshall too, and I think having such a group would make it easier to come up with and implement war tactics since the Marshall's would have the authority to do so.
Cross
Cross
Hanging around
Hanging around

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum